Thread: Smart meters
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2019, 19:10   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Smart meters

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I don't know how many of our members have smart meters fitted, gas and electric, We have one for the lecky and I thought I'd share:

It's electric and I've checked it's values against my own NAMAS traceable monitor and the readings seen to be Kosher, what really pisses me off is the consumer display unit: It constantly resets and displays just about everything except what I want it to ( Current watts). I just got fed up with it and dumped it uncharged and dead in the lecky cupboard.

I know what things take round me, if it makes heat it costs money.

What are members experiences?
I had electric and gas ones installed just a few months ago. If it keeps losing the connection, place it nearer the meters. The current usage in watts is likely to be there on the optional displays. It was there for me.

The thing to watch out for in assessing current usage is that items such as fridges, freezers, immersion heaters can suddenly start up. That would give a false current usage in watts.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote