Thread: 200M Replacement router
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2021, 18:00   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Replacement router

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitwori View Post
Do i need a username and password from Virgin?
no

What did you do in the Asus app other than set a password for the router? Once you have done basic setup you should be accessing the gui in your web browser by the routers ip and not any quirky apps.

Make sure the shub is connected in port 1 and the Asus in the blue wan port. Turn both off. Turn the shub on and give it a few mins to connect. You will see the power led change colour and the up and down arrows flash. When it is finished all the lights turn off apart from the power led which turns pink (I am colour blind). After that turn on your Asus router. They are quite quick to boot up but give it a min to be on the safe side. You don't need to change any of the ip settings, leave it to the default "dynamic" which is what your Virgin ip technically is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitwori View Post
Pin hole reset on sh3 and started, all working now, thanks all
If you haven't done so already I would strongly suggest manually setting your dns servers. Google's are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Last edited by General Maximus; 13-07-2021 at 19:12.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote