Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 19:16   #41
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
Then the EU will say no...next plan?
Q
As for them all agreeing, of course they will. They won't climb down any...May will. She will cave to all their demands, like she always does.

Then the EU will say no (like they have on everything else), which May will have to submit on and round the circle goes.
You're wrong there, Chloé. It's approaching 'get real' time. If we don't get anywhere with the EU, May will simply go for the hard Brexit. However, I think she is trying to avoid that by getting other EU countries on side. They have a firmer grasp of reality than Barnier & co.

I think a lot of bad things about the EU, but I don't think they are actually certifiably mad, and that we will get a deal with them.

If we don't things don't look good for the EU. They won't get their €40bn, they will suffer through what will happen to their exports to us, and they will have a new upstart competitor sporting lower tax rates for business with whom they cannot compete. Seriously, if you were Barnier, would you really dig your heels in?

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
Which makes your decision to say that it was a good idea to call an election all the more baffling.

It wasn't just executed poorly, it was a dreadful idea. (She was always going to lose).
Nobody expected her to lose at first. The dreadful truth began to dawn during the election campaign.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
the infighting more likely OB they always been infighting about Europe even when they had majority's
It now looks as though the battle for minds has been won. The Cabinet meeting on Friday will agree the way forward. It will be a deal involving maximum facilitation or a hard Brexit. Basically, that is our choice, and I think finally, the remainers and Brexiteers are beginning to agree that there is no other way forward.