Thread: A Duty To Die?
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2009, 14:16   #49
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: A Duty To Die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Fact is it has been, people were never intended to be let out in 10 years after murdering some one and you know it, the mandatory life sentence was intended as Roy said to mean life.
Politicians words are not the law in this nation, acts of parliment are.
So unless there's an act which states that life must mean life for murder, the law has not been watered down.

Quote:
Police chiefs and doctors have already expressed grave concerns, it isn't beyond the realms of fantasy to expect the worst, in fact where politicians are concerned the worst is generally my default expectation, I await to be pleasently surprised though, it has to happen if only by luck one day.
Yes, and I've yet to hear one of them actually explain how their concerns would actually play out.
Mostly it's a case of "oh but someone could be pressurised into suicide or it could be a cover for murder" which frankly shows a lack of knowledge on the subject.

Quote:
No and I never said it did, what I said was her words carry great weight and are bound to be used in the future to support any changes to the legislation.
And I've said it doesn't matter because no one is listening. If she's still around when they may possibly perhaps more-chance-of-winning-the-lottery decide that making it easier to murder people or pressurise them into killing themselves, then they'll ask her opinion on the matter then, not say "it's ok luv, we know what you think, you said so way back in 2009"
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote