Thread: PS5 thread
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2019, 10:47   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Considering 2080ti cards at over 1k can't run 4k games at a constant smooth 60fps not inc the rest of the parts in the pc probably best part of £1,700+

I'm not convinced the PS5 will do any better and still keep a budget of under £500 especially with the supplied SSD as well.

The 8k is video output but they have been very canny in how they have being wording it you have to read through the specs to see it's not 8k gaming despite a lot of sites wording it that way.
We can only hope as the Xbox One X is far more powerful than the PS4 Pro and i know from reviews the visuals are native 4K on Red Dead compared to the PS4 Pro so there should be a pretty good improvement but most games need to be able to do native 4K or both consoles will get panned.

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't need a PS5 yet. I just got a PS4 Pro this week and have many games to catch up on, so feel the next gen is still likely to be at least 2020 or even 2021 before a release nevermind being worthy of purchasing within 12 months or so.

With both current machines both having their shelf life extended with the Pro and X models and the having a good while left to go in them I don't see the need for a next gen yet. I still don't even have a 4K TV nevermind 8K. Same for broadcast TV hardly going near 4K yet.any channels still being in SD.

They are going the gun slightly.
What model of Pro did you get, hopefully it is the latest 2716b as the others suffer from noise and can sound like a jet engine when playing with a 4K TV?

When you get a 4K TV get a good 1 atleast 49in and HDR10+ so you will get the full benefit of HDR visuals, which look fantastic on the Pro and normal PS4.