View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 12:16   #201
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Wow Damien you either super stupid or super intelligent IDK.

They are so suddenly bothered because their long time sponsor (China) has acted.
Or, they've realised that they can manipulate Trump - they've got him to agree to meet, which no other President would do; what Trump has given them is a massive ego boost, by saying Kim Jong Un has made Trump meet with him by building up his ICBM and nuclear arsenal - tremendous publicity coup.

Kim Jong Un wants to be seen as Donald Trump’s equal, and a meeting would do that - just by sitting down with President Trump, Kim Jong Un would get what he craves the most: legitimacy.

He wants to be treated as an equal by the global superpower, and a photo opportunity with the most powerful leader in the free world would go a long way to helping him achieve that, and this is what his father and his grandfather wanted: to be on the same footing as the world’s greatest power.

One commentator said “A meeting with the American president has for decades been considered the prize at the end of a successful denuclearization process, not an incentive to get the process started, and neither Kim’s father nor grandfather made it to that finish line,” he added. “So I have to grudgingly take my hat off to Kim because he’s played a very poor hand brilliantly to get there.”

by the way, just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't give you the right to be very rude and call them super stupid; it's a very complex subject, not easily resolvable.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 12-03-2018 at 12:30.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote