Thread: General Analogue Cable Memories
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 19:02   #61
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Analogue Cable Memories

Home Video Channel was not the same as the MVC retail chain - an the UK Prem1ere was nothing to do with Premier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Do you know if HVC was any connection to the video rental store (I think it was HVC, or was it MVC) and if Prem1ere had any connection to the German movie channel Premier that was on analogue satellite in the 90's?

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

I think you are refering to the German version. The UK Prem1ere channel required a big satellite dish point at 27.5West.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onramp View Post
I vaguely remember there was a channel called Premiere on satellite, but it was scrambled in a system called syster (or was it nagravision?) - it was not receivable on a videocrypt decoder. Instead of the lines being cut and rotated, they seemed to jump up and down vertically, and the audio had a weird form of hissy sounding encryption also.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote