View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 13:07   #409
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What’s so unique about it ?
I need to read more to answer that. But if it enables you to add watchlists across the streaming services, this is what I am really looking for. I have been unable to establish whether or not that is the case as yet.

My TV of choice will put the emphasis on streaming services rather than live TV (which Amazon TV does) while still making live TV an option through IPTV. I am not sure if an aerial is required for the Amazon TV, though, which although not ideal, is not a game-changer for me.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

This Guardian article points to the increasing number of people (not only the young) who are streaming now, and the fact that broadcasters are having to adapt quickly. It as published earlier this year, but I have only just noticed it.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...hannels-doomed