View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 12:04   #1275
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
At least with local ITV News in HD it broadcasts something. EG Around here you get Meridian(south east) HD news in an Anglia region. SD version is Anglia news.
And this in itself leads to constant complaints. “Why am I getting the wrong region”, when people automatically go to the HD version instead of SD. Also there are more HD regions on satellite than cable, so people switching from Sky/Freesat also complain to Virgin & Freeview.

For instance Sky/Freesat customers get Anglia East HD in the whole Anglia region. So in the West part of the region you get Anglia West in SD but Anglia East in HD. On Cable & Freeview you get Meridian SE in HD in the whole region.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
A constant source of irritation to those of us living in London is that the lunchtime local news is only broadcast in SD. If you are watching the national news in HD then it means changing channels to watch the news from the city. I know it's only a few button presses but as far as I am aware the other UK regions do not have to do this.
Yes, they do have to. There is no switching capability of the HD circuits on the BBC1 HD network in England. Scotland, Wales & NI are totally seperate feeds.

ITV has financed several additional HD feeds to provide opt outs & +1 loops, but only for main regions. The sub regions only have seperate SD feeds, & if sub region studios have been closed, as many have, then what you see on an SD sub region is usually recorded earlier & broadcast simultaneously to the live version on the HD channel.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
id like to be able to see all the other regional channels to be honest. i get north west bbc but would like to see other regional broadcasts. bbc london would just be like the national news since the 6pm news is pretty much everything what happened in london anyway
You can watch any region you want on iPlayer. If you go into the settings menu you can change the region to any one you want. I have set the region of the iPlayer on my V6 to BBC Cambridge as we are on the boundary of the Anglia West & London regions. When the local news comes on I then have a choice of London on 101 or Cambridge through the iPlayer.

Last edited by nodrogd; 02-08-2020 at 11:49.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote