View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 12:24   #845
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
A garden table with rotten feet is now a few inches shorter with plastic feet. I intend to make all new garden furniture but the timber I need is scarce.
True, ironwoods, teak etc are expensive but do last without treatment. They can go a dull grey/green colour but form own protective layer.
When my brother-in-law put our deck in we would have liked to use ironwoods, we had the money for the timber but not for the tools needed to work them. As it was the deck grew from a small stand about half width of house to something all round the backside of house and round the side to back door, no step up/down. There are thousands of screws holding it together and the planks are all offset so easier to replace one and they don't all move at same rate.