Thread: Streaming The Sandman
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 13:12   #19
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Sandman

My ultimate conclusion is it could have been better.

It had some nice visuals and scene settings while also being different.

The casting I think let it down and the story got a bit iffy as the series progressed with the dialogue going downhill too. Things seemed to randomly happen that had no plot advancement or character development. They could probably have made this a movie rather than a series.

Vanesu Samunyai wasn't a good choice for Rose IMO and it didn't help she wasn't given good lines either. The character she played seem real bland.

It was different and visual enough for some to overlook all its downfalls I guess. Everything Everywhere All at Once had some similar ideas and concepts (different dimensions instead of dreams) but was so much better because of good writing/pace/casting/everything else.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote