View Single Post
Old 16-08-2008, 00:56   #14196
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisey View Post
hi Hank
Yes, I do mean that the exercise was TERRIBLE in PR terms. I think that no matter what the intention (and I agree 100% that you have tons of support etc) that you (collective) must try to play on your opponents playing field.... and you are not doing that. Truely, if I was them I would take the photo of Alex Hanff there with three other people and send it straight to every single person i was trying to negotiate with to show them that I (phorm) am correct in saying you guys are a non-entity. also - last and not least- all those signatures are GREAT but what you need is PRESS. Being on the morally correct side is not enough.... you can be right and still the loser.

all i am saying is Be Smart. Play by their rules- not yours.

Otherwise you lose.
Daisey - one of the tremendously effective parts of the demonstration was the attendance of Baroness Miller, who has since being at the demonstration and meeting people personally, has been a tower of strength in the House of Lords asking extremely intelligent well INphormed questions of Home Office and DBERR, questions that can't be easily ignored.

This battle won't be won by PR spin but by persistent telling of the truth, again and again, to the right people in the right places.

Personally, if I had the Phorm showing me their "photo of the 3" alongside the campaigners alerting me to the articles that have been in the press and on the BBC Technology site about EU intervention, Congressional investigation,and the current list of unanswered questions from Lord Northesk and Baroness Miller, etc. I know which would impress me the most.But I am biassed!

I'm in for the long haul. All participants welcome. Cool heads especially valued.

I'm also aware that a few pages back we were reminded that it is "extremely bad Phorm" to discuss the goings on in other forums, so I shan't add to the discussion of the content of noDPI.org