View Single Post
Old 15-08-2008, 21:20   #14154
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
Having just listened to your first audio, I think you behaved disgracefully to be quite honest. Quite apart from whether the officer in question understands RIPA or not, there is no excuse for you trying to verbally browbeat him ('talk me down', was how he put it to you, and he's right, that's exactly what you were doing); you failed to take on board his legitimate point that you could have been just *anybody*, the police get nutters and timewasters on the phone all the time; and finally, when he stated that he was ending the call due, apparently, to your complete lack of civility towards him, it's outrageous of you to *wilfully* misinterpret his actions by stating that he was therefore refusing to discuss the issue.

It seems to me that you went out looking for something that would sound sensational on your ***** [edited to remove content contrary to forum rules IMHO] blog and win you kudos among the phorm-hat3rz on this and other forums. You weren't talking to him and you sure as *** [edited to remove content contrary to forum rules IMHO] weren't listening to him, you were thinking only of how great it would make you sound.

The whole thing reeks of a late night, local radio telephone prank call. Except without being funny.

Bad show.
I'm comparing this post to the forum rules, and struggling to get my head round how to reconcile the post, and the rules. I hope we can continue to discuss Phorm, Webwise and Adverts without baiting or hostility or personal comments as we have been so recently advised by a moderator.

I shan't be joining in for a while as the standard has just seriously deteriorated. I'm not reporting this post, as I don't currently feel that would achieve much except probably to my disadvantage. Perhaps those reading can make their own judgements. Good night all and I hope things return to sanity very very soon.