View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 15:35   #13
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
We have this locally

Grimsby Chinese takeaway closed after owners put themselves in quarantine to ease coronavirus fears after trip to China

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/n...-after-3828255
Wow, fourteen days of business lost due to media hysteria....

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I heard that the mortality rate was actually just 1%.

It’s dangerous for elderly, very young and those with respiratory complications.
If my figures are correct (which reminds me to find them and post) it's less than that.

and too your second line. As is any respiratory condition. such as, the flu

(not trying to teach you to suck eggs, just emphasis)

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1 View Post
Even if the fatalities are not that high:

1) the NHS is incredibly over burdened at the moment
2) epidemics cause economic damage from mass sick leave
3) if the virus secures are permanent circulation this will be a yearly occurrence
1) Yes, and a great deal of the burden is caused by those who misuse it. Those for example that go to their GP's for a cold when all they need to do is follow sensible guidance.
2) Fair point
3) Big IF