View Single Post
Old 21-11-2019, 21:11   #2504
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
So which "facts" go against my "agenda". People keep making absurd claims and links.

Eg X refused ESA, dies after falling over. The reason for falling over is found to be an undiagnosed brain tumour. But still his death is somehow linked to being refused ESA. The undeniable fact is that the 2 things are unconnected.

My personal experience is mentioned to point out I'm not exactly a fan of the DWP and how it operates. It's vitally important to focus on the real errors, not the fake news. It is fair to point out that Labour are not being held to the same standards, and that people are only griping about so many different things that were mysteriously not a problem when Labour were in power. That is hypocrisy on their part.

How many of the specific claims in this thread over being denied benefits have been shown to be true? They are mostly(if not all) demonstrated not to be valid for one reason or another. As I keep pointing out the truth is often exposed later on in the linked article.
Eg Claim:- X commit suicide because of delays in in UC and threat of eviction. Truth:- He was in so much debt for such a long time before he resigned his job, that even an immediate approval of his claim would have made no difference. He was going to be evicted regardless.
Eg Claim:- Person with a recently diagnosed brain tumour is denied ESA. Truth:- Later in the article it says that he was ineligible because he had a partner who works. He hadn't even been assessed for ESA. He was actually awarded PIP.
Eg Claim:- Person found "fit for work" dies in JobCentre. Truth:- He hadn't been found "fit for work", and the cause of death has not yet been specified.
The real errors presumably being the 78% of PIP appeals that they refuse on flimsy copy and paste evidence from an alleged "medical professional" who sees the claimant sometimes for as little as six minutes.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote