View Single Post
Old 21-03-2014, 23:28   #1141
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
but how would you know ? just because someone is in a wheelchair or has cancer does not mean they cannot work ,you may think it is unfair but the reality is that many people with disabilities or serious illness do work and declaring someone fit for work when you think they are not does not make them a liar not by any definition
TBH I don't as I have never experienced being on the sickness benefit, but a friend of mine was declared fit when she was anything but and it cost the government more in the long run as they were in hospital for many weeks as the stress made there illness worse due to the fact ATOS took them off sickness benefit, then when she appealed she was awarded and backdated payments. The illness she has, she cannot really cope with stress as it seems to make it worse. I am mainly going by her experience of ATOS. They made her out to the liar when it was them who lied as they did not state all she told them, sorry I believe my friend I have known for many years also I used to work with them and I know them as trustworthy...