View Single Post
Old 13-07-2021, 20:26   #1
desi112
cf.member

Services: 200MB VM Cable
desi112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Random Disconnections?

Hi Folks,

I've had the same setup for over a year now, and had no issues. I am using the SHUB 3 in modem mode and have an Asus router plugged into it.

Since last Tuesday I am seeing random disconnections...for some reason visiting the MSC Cruise website seems to trigger the disconnection (I've tried this on 5 times and just like magic the SHUB starts flashing white)

I've checked all cables, fully factory reset the SHUB and My Asus Router, I've posted my signal levels and they have all come back okay.

Anyway I saw this thread on the VM Forum and wanted to know if people had had the same experience...Just quoting from it as I am unsure if I can post the full link

"So what have Virgin really done! They have changed the MAC address validation in the EuroDOCSIS racks which terminate your connection. This can be done on a user by user basis. They have enabled registered MAC validation to block your router access via modem mode. The MAC address is passed through the connection to the Hub3, which is relayed to Virgin media network, whcih then blocks it. This deliberately cripples modem mode for most people on default settings.

Virgin have timed this carefully so the update to the Hub3 targets random accounts over a longer period of time, so that the impact of the racketeering is not obvious. Using Wire shark you are able to see the protocol negotiation has changed and the hub 3 is deliberately refusing a DHCP lease due to the MAC address reject error.

Your router should enable you to use a feature called "MAC Clone" and this is what is needed. Use the MAC address of the Hub3 in your MAC spoof or clone settings - then your connection is allowed."
desi112 is offline   Reply With Quote