Thread: Tivo V6 V6 box
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2018, 10:52   #14
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: V6 box

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post
Got 2 V6's today. Install was by engineer. However the update install kept failing on both boxes. One was connected via wi-fi and the other by powerlines.

The engineer said it was a problem at VM not my end. Said he couldnt wait around as could take a few hours so I spent the next few hours completing the install myself. Finally the updates did download about 5 hours later.

The interface appears the same as the Tivo's they replaced. But I have to say it is soooooo much quicker.

My wife doesnt like the look of it. Its not the most stylish looking box i suppose but I think better the the 'massive' Tivo.

The next thing will be to try my Netflix and You Tube 4K.
Not sure why people slate the appearance of the V6 box. It is small unobtrusive - every other box I have (or have had is much bigger) - is it because there aren't any flashing lights?

In my opinion that is a bonus. Additionally you can put it in a cabinet and the remote still works (unlike most other boxes)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote