View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 11:23   #556
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
My worry is that not every disabled person has the strength to fight or the resources to appoint a solicitor to deal with this problem.
I am a member of several online groups, and the number of people who give up at the first refusal is staggering.

I suspect this is what HMG and the DWP actually want.

Most of those who wanted to give up, but took forum or legal advice to fight on, went on to win the same levels they had previously under DLA.

Renewal is started a year before the award ends, so I have seen people finish one round of hell only to have to start it all again immediately, and then be refused any award until they get to Tribunal.

And now large numbers are being reassessed for ESA and being found ineligible until they get to Tribunal.

It might be weeding-out some malingerers, but it is probably affecting the mental and physical strength of many who deserve the support.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote