View Single Post
Old 25-02-2008, 01:00   #212
GuestUK
Inactive

Services: Ex-NTL: Virgin 4mb internet, Virgin phone, Virgin Digital TV (XL): 1 Pace STB, 1 V+ STB
GuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to beholdGuestUK is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 77 & 102]

I did my best to read through the posts, but I'm sorry if I missed one. My main concern is, is this technology going to be injecting things into our pages, even if we opt out?

That is to say, when I go to a website, I am no longer getting the original version of that website, but instead a page that has been processed by phorm and had their javascript code injected into it, then passed back onto me?

Furthermore, the information about the scam protection seems particularly worrying - that again, all our website requests are going through phorm and then to the server, then back through phorm and back to us - even if we opt out with the cookie, presumably this gross violation of privacy and annoying transparent proxy of forms will be in the way - the cookie will just tell it to skip the warning, but it's still all happening behind the scenes.

As phorm is so happy to say, this is on the ISP network, and thus I will no longer trust the Virgin Media ISP network - there doesn't seem to be any way out, and the opt out process certainly wont help