View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 23:17   #159
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpymoo View Post
Fully agree with everything you say.

They need to embrace regional pricing.

I cancelled in Feb after they wanted to increase my £37 350Mb "introductory price" to £57. RIP OFF.

Resigned up when they removed the "activation fee" for a "limited time" and got what will be 600Mb for £46 a month which is fine for me.

I will be happy with that for the 18 months as although they are breaking ground near me, I am not in that area and although BT say FTTP is "coming"... nothing moving on that front anyway so 18 months will be about right I think.

The biggest gripe for me is upload speeds, for a "premium" product, their top tier upload speeds have always been garbage.
Yeah, the price increase this year was just an insult. I was paying £34/m for 350m and a 5GB sim, they wanted to increase by £3.50, so over 10%. In the disagreement over that, they terminated my sim 2 weeks ago and I'm still trying to get the number back. I'm also still paying for a SIM I can't use. It is due to go to £55 in April.

Zen offer 1 gig both up and down on Cityfibre for £40 with a lifetime price promise, I'll never have to renegotiate again. Even if VM get Gig1 to me, it will be for over 50% more, with random price rises, and a paltry 55mbit upload.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote