View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 22:49   #158
gimpymoo
cf.addict

gimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enough
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Other providers (e.g. Zen) are doing 900/900 (actually 1000/1000, but ofcom rules) for £40 on CityFibre.

VM want whole UK pricing, so as we've seen in areas with other FTTP providers up to now, they will happily sit buy with their massive prices and lose market share in those areas there is competition, rather than do regional pricing or local discounts or whatever.

For me, VM are a horrible company to deal with in terms of support or customer services, I stand more chance of getting a fault resolved posting about it on these forums and hoping someone that happens to work for VM picks it up in their spare time an deals with it, than I am to get any help from them through official channels. That combined with horrible pricing, with too many "new customer offers" that then expire, forcing you to go through constant negotiations, or termination and resubscription etc, mean that as soon as CF reach me I will be far far away from VM and can't quite conceive of a reason anyone would come to any other decision, other than inertia.
Fully agree with everything you say.

They need to embrace regional pricing.

I cancelled in Feb after they wanted to increase my £37 350Mb "introductory price" to £57. RIP OFF.

Resigned up when they removed the "activation fee" for a "limited time" and got what will be 600Mb for £46 a month which is fine for me.

I will be happy with that for the 18 months as although they are breaking ground near me, I am not in that area and although BT say FTTP is "coming"... nothing moving on that front anyway so 18 months will be about right I think.

The biggest gripe for me is upload speeds, for a "premium" product, their top tier upload speeds have always been garbage.
gimpymoo is offline   Reply With Quote