View Single Post
Old 31-05-2007, 08:42   #91
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Re: Freeware Alternative Software List

A couple of CD ripping progs.

dBpoweramp - very useful, also includes a shell extension that lets you highlight audio files or a folder containing audio files in Explorer & convert them to your chosen format all in 1 go.

Exact Audio Copy - the 1 to use if you are having trouble ripping a CD. I had a CD that had some nasty scratches, bad enough that when I held the CD up to a light I could see light coming through the scratches from the other side. EAC managed to extract all the tracks & having listened to them you'd never know there was anything wrong with the original CD! The only downside is that the worse a CD is, the longer it will take EAC to rip it. The CD I mentioned took just under 3 hours.

EAC can't handle some of the formats dBpoweramp can, unless you set it up to use an external compressor, but I mainly use EAC for ripping problem CDs to .WAV files, then just use dMC [dBpoweramp Music Converter] to convert them to FLAC or whatever.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote