Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2021, 10:33   #2902
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I think papa is, in his own inimitable fashion, making a reasonable point here. It's not really about whether the people here can be convinced the vaccine is safe despite reservations.

Chris rightly lists an exhaustive set of steps that each manufacturer has gone through to get to this point. However Chris also said the following:

These statements don't contradict one another but the second points to the challenge faced. The Toby Young's and Julia Hartley-Brewer's of this world have been out there for 13 months whipping everyone up into a frenzy. This isn't about public health it's about stealing your freedoms. The idiots out there who buy into this nonsense are easy pickings for the anti-vax brigade.

If the aim is 'herd immunity' why can't I stay in the 20% that don't need to get it? That way I don't take the risk but get the collective benefit from everyone else doing so.

I'm playing devil's advocate here for the purposes of discussion - if I were offered it tomorrow I'd take it but there is going to be a challenge in convincing everyone/enough people to take it. I'm not on the priority list so it will be some months before it comes my way
A Tory MP wrote an article about TY/JHB and their ilk, about how they keep changing the story to stoke outrage.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-have-no-shame
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.