Thread: General Disney Channels Axed
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2020, 11:25   #17
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Disney Channels Axed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sounds like the carriage agreement with the two main platforms failed, so they decided to close the channels. I suspect that they were set up to fail though e.g. by asking for a ridiculously high amount.
Yeah tbh tt, pn and bt won't be worth it for them as VM alone have more tv customers than those 3 combined, i did ring plusnet and ask they confirmed that Disney channels are leaving their platform at end of September but said they're hopeful Disney+ will be on youview by then.

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This would have been an opportunity for Virgin to step up and offer something Sky could not. The fact that they decided not to is most likely a combination of the high price they would have to pay and the recognition that VOD is the future.

I think we can be reasonably confident that Virgin will be bringing us Disney + by the time these channels close down.
Possible especially as Disney seem to be open to Disney+ being on as many platforms as possible but it's down to vm and i wouldn't hold your breath tbh.