View Single Post
Old 13-08-2017, 17:05   #3591
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Seriously, this is disappointing. After all that was said by Malone regarding his attitude to content, with the emphasis on acquiring it rather than owning it, and now we learn that it was Liberty Global's decision not to proceed with the Amazon deal.

For me, this is a very serious problem, and if there is not a reversal of this decision, it will impact on my plans to stick with VM. I really want VM to be a magnet for content, but this revelation makes me wonder where the hell they stand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-growth-cools/

Pay-TV’s push back against streaming is building, however. Two industry sources revealed that last year Virgin Media was close to a deal to add Amazon’s streaming service to its subscription packages, before its parent company Liberty Global stepped in to pull the plug. It is understood the pan-European cable giant held fears about the long-term threat Amazon could pose to its pay-TV business.
But is this not the great wise old sage who is only interested in subscribing to individual streaming services so he says as he believes that to be the only future ahead of us because he believes Pay-TV as we know it is dead in the water?.