Thread: UK Timeline X Factor: 2010
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2010, 14:28   #304
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: X Factor: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
A few months ago, I looked into the amount of all the various recent talent shows (both on BBC and ITV) of the winners who had actually made it after they won the prize. I was surprised to discover than over 90% didn't go anywhere. Even fewer have achieved long term (for the sake of argument, I am defining long term as 2 or more years in the spotlight) success.

Off the top of my head, I think it was Gareth Gates, Will Young (both of whom appear to have vanished), Girls aloud and Leona Lewis (who, as you say, doesn't appear to be doing much ATM).

Two members of Hearsay have achieved long term success, but neither as a singer: Kym is an actress on Corrie and Mylene Klass is a TV presenter, Classical Musician and DJ.

There are a few who I think probably will have long term success. Susan Boyle, Diana Vickers, JLS, Olly Murs, but I don't think they are there yet.
Paul Potts is still around even after being dropped by Simon Cowell's SYCO label and has gone onto bigger things. http://www.paulpottsmusic.net/
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote