View Single Post
Old 19-02-2008, 02:16   #64
TehTech
Permanently Banned

TehTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal - Would you be opting out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev View Post
there is no personally identifyable data sent to phorm either. both google and phorm can tell what sites you visit (cableforum's ad blocks will have an id, google record how many times people visit those ads so they both record).

from what i can tell, all phorm is doing is what google are doing now, but increasing the capturing area. they aren't going to insert ads randomly, it'll just be like googles ads, the web site sticks some code in the html and phorm sort the ads out.
But with Googe doing such, I dont get to see ads at all, this is the way I want it to stay!

When your browsing the net, well for me anyway, i wouldnt appreciate having ads all over the page, ads also take up space on the page, so the page loads slower too, and as I'm not the only one, I dont want bloody ads on the pages I browse.

Mostly when I use any search (like google or Wikipedia) its just general things I am interested in, like if I watch a film on TV and I like it, I will google or wiki it to find out all the info, I dont want ads diplayed, just the info I need.