View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:35   #29
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media's quarterly and full year results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
It would be trouble is the lease is up at Albert Dock so VM are closing it down,i think the employees there were offered jobs elsewhere ie swansea but did not want to move there for various reasons some to do wth job security i think.
Manchester wouldn't have been so big a distance to move.

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Given the 50mb upstream uplift is many months behind schedule, the idea of them finishing that *and* getting 100mb done "months ahead of schedule" just goes to show they have no grasp of the English language. Particularly given how loosely they use the terms "unlimited" "everyone" "double" "all" "best" "gaming" and now "ahead".

As a breakdown, this puts VM's current cable broadband base at a total of 4,850,600 customers, of which:
3,600,000 (74%) are still on 10mbps or below
Only 500,000 (10%) are on 20mbps
Only 200,000 (4%) are on on 30mbps
Only 200,000 (4%) are on 50mbps and 100mbps combined
You really do hate VM don't you??

I don't know where you get your figures from, but on the news this moring it said that 50mb is currently availble for half of UK households.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote