Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2021, 15:41   #3029
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Questioning the effectiveness of lockdowns is not selfish, it’s the opposite. Thinking of all the people who have and will lose their jobs, potentially their homes. Thinking of people stuck in tiny flats, people that are alone, kids at risk, the list goes on and on.
Red herring. Even Sweden is seeing an economic impact, despite taking no meaningful restrictions for the first 6-9 months.

The idea that there’s a lot of businesses out there that would thrive with people voluntarily shielding, many continuing to work from home for their own safety is mistaken. Businesses are in trouble either way.

Quote:
I’m lucky, I have a massive garden and live in a rural area, never went to the pub or cinema that often. lockdown hasn’t affected me at all. The only potential issue was with schooling and I qualify for essential worker status so that is now sorted.

So believe me, I am not thinking of myself I can ride out lockdowns just fine, but I don’t agree they are the answer.

Well they don’t know that and it’s not an issue if everyone follows the guidance.
Went to two local parks this weekend. One where I grew up had more people in it than I’ve seen in my entire life. The other nearby had about 80 folk it it when I did a quick count. I’m pretty confident anyone spending even half an hour to an hour there would have shared the space with 100 different people.