Thread: TiVo BBC iplayer problem
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 14:59   #38
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BBC iplayer problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have had quite a few issues with the i-Player at times - mainly when watching in HD, but Netflix works fine, with no stuttering or anything, and the picture is good too.

Why is this congestion affecting one app and not the other? And given that congestion is the problem
Netflix seems more tolerant. I suspect they have a wider range of bit-rates available, and may also use a bigger buffer in the STB which helps hide the problem.

Quote:
have Virgin got any plans to deal with this in terms of capacity or better technology?
Yes, network upgrades happen continually.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote