View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 10:40   #6753
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You have been told this multiple times , ESPN has no key UK rights and has a deal with BT for some of its US Sport so no chance of that.

Hulu still offers content from ABC , NBC , Fox and Warner so no chance of that anytime soonin its current form.
No need to get shirty, muppetman. I know that, and perhaps you should read my post again. All I said was that without ESPN and Hulu, Disney + won't be as popular.

I am well aware that we won't be getting these strands over here for the time being.

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its rather strange that OB who has been preaching to us all about the great virtues of streaming has suddenly got cold feet about Britbox and Disney+.
Not at all. I have only said that streaming will ultimately take over from linear channels.

That doesn't mean that I will sign up to anything regardless of content.

Disney stuff is of no interest to me and Britbox will be full of old programmes I have already seen or I have no wish to see. Why would I subscribe to either?

You should know by now that I don't watch anything that doesn't hold any interest for me.

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Software company selling a product to users who might use it for piracy asks customer base if they intend to subscribe to streaming services.

“Of course I do, M’Lud”.

I do agree though, if 16 million people subscribed on day 1 that would be a good start. It’s just extremely unlikely.
I just provided a link for the information of forum members. Whether this turns out to be what happens is another matter. I tend to view surveys and opinion polls with rather a lot of caution.