View Single Post
Old 25-09-2022, 18:47   #342
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: New Prime Minister: Liz Truss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Of course it undermines wages. Rather than pay enough to recruit they’re increasing labour supply by importing it. Basic capitalist economics I’m sure even you could understand!.
You assume too much and read things into comments that aren’t there.

I don’t know whose wages you think it undermines when the people wanting such work in this country simply aren’t there.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

Pay more. I know driving up working conditions is an alien concept to you, but generally the population view it as desirable.
With that I agree, and provide suitable training, too. That is exactly what the government has been advocating post Brexit.

Unfortunately there are too many people who are fit to work but just claiming benefits without even trying to find work.

One person I know hasn’t worked for years. She’s fit and healthy but simply doesn’t want to work. But she’s been claiming benefits all this time. If she can do this so easily, why would she want to go to work?

So unless we tackle these people head on, employers will continue to struggle in getting people to do low paid jobs.