View Single Post
Old 25-09-2022, 18:07   #341
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: New Prime Minister: Liz Truss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It won’t undermine wages if there are not enough people to recruit. Immigration should relate to the needs of industry where there are insufficient people from the U.K. to take those jobs.
Of course it undermines wages. Rather than pay enough to recruit they’re increasing labour supply by importing it. Basic capitalist economics I’m sure even you could understand!

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree. Every effort should be made by employers to recruit within the UK, which should include offering an appropriate rate of pay. Employers should have to show that they have genuinely tried to recruit without success before getting permission to recruit from overseas.
Pay more. I know driving up working conditions is an alien concept to you, but generally the population view it as desirable.