View Single Post
Old 25-09-2022, 13:42   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Smart Thermastat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Doesn't your boiler have a timer on it? up to you of course but I would just switch to timer when you are at work and then on to manual when you are off
There is a control in the airing cupboard, on/off first thing in morning for a few hours which will heat the hotwater in the Megaflow tank and heating the house in that time and then on again around 4pm until 10pm I think as my boiler is conventional this is for both heating and hot water.

So you can see why I would benefit from better control with a smart thermastat when I'm not at home with the heating part of it as long as no one else is in the house.

Basically when I finish work I don't want to come home to a frozen house at 10.30pm when I go to bed so I need the heating on a few hours before that when I'm not there.