View Single Post
Old 18-04-2024, 20:26   #18
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: MPs to vote on smoking ban for those born after 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Not sure there are people who only smoke when they they drink, there’s those who smoke <= 10 a day, then you get to my level at about 20 a day and then you can move up the scale to 40/60 a day. Although I don’t know many in that last bracket

One thing this will most likely lead to is an increase in the production/consumption of counterfeit cigarettes and the lovingly known as ‘fag houses’
I used to be a social smoker. Only smoking on a weekend when out. Never ever touched one during the day or during the week.

I think it could be a good thing especially for people's health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Someone said on the news smokers bad health costs more than the money cigarettes bring in.

I remember walking in to the Holiday camp bar the day before the ban i could see the wall on the other side.

the following day I could see the wall outside the window.

The trouble is some (not all) smokers think they have a god given right to smoke anywhere, once where I worked we had a fire alarm and the second they got out they stopped to light up, and stopped people evacuating.

The evacuation was due to a suspected gas leak, the company had a no smoking on site, especially during a drill.

they all got written warnings.
That happened at nearly every place I worked. As soon as smoker came out during an evacuation or drill they would light up no matter what.