View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 13:39   #71
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Novak Djokovic tries to go to Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
So what we're looking at, in the case of Djokovic (and others), is that having a jab doesn't help much?
We don't know precisely how much it helps. The vaccine we have now almost certainly helps less than it did against Delta and Alpha but given what we know about those two strains it's probably less effective rather than not effective. The only thing they seem sure of at the moment, which we're seeing in the fact ICU numbers are not going up anywhere near as much as cases, is that they at least are still holding up very well against serious illness.

So you could argue that whatever reduction in transmission afforded by the vaccine against Omnicom is not worth the restrictive border control rules. I think international travel should be loosened now. If people have had the vaccines that prevent serious illness then we need to get on with life rather than worry about stopping a virus that's here to say.

But I, you and Djokovic don't get to decide this. I went to Europe recently and I obeyed the rules of the country I visited and then the rules to come back (flow test to depart, PCR when I came back). I didn't turn up at the EU border and tell them to stuff their vaccine, stuff their tests and to let me in. Then again I haven't won 20 grand slams.......(yet)
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote