Old 15-10-2018, 00:47   #21
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Frozen Onions

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
This raises 2 questions for me;

1) How infrequently do you use onions to have some in a freezer for 3+years?

or

2) How many onions did you buy at the same time to require you to freeze them at all?

It has never occurred to me to freeze onions. Nor have I found myself in a position where freezing onions was a necessary option. You can buy them one at a time or in packs of 3 or more. Why are you lot freezing onions?!?!?

I bought mine ready chopped and frozen.

---------- Post added at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Then all teachers will be using red ink to correct them as would I. As to eggs try the french way and to keep a truffle with the eggs..
Thanks i'll try that

I checked again on another site and it concurs with yourself, tomatos is incorrect. I assume the same thing applies to potato(e)s.

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
They recommend refrigeration for bacon. Although the pack is sealed and has either carbon dioxide or nitrogen inside to replace the air and prevent spoiling I'd still refrigerate.

Once you open the pack it's best frozen at that time. Wrap the rashers individually in cling film to prevent them sticking together. Then you can take rashers out as needed.

Decent dry cure bacon doesn't produce the white muck but it costs more.
Do you know if the white muck that comes out is unhealthy in any way? I could have sworn that this didn't come out years ago when cooking it, but maybe my memory is failing me.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote