View Single Post
Old 31-01-2019, 17:24   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Compensation for missed installs, delayed repairs, missed appointments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Hopefully virgin start charging for customers who don't bother to stay in and for faults caused by stupidity
When VM first took over they tried levying a £10 charge for missed appointments, but had to drop it. They tried it with me and I got it refunded (it wasn't my fault, but i'd still refuse to pay it even if it was).

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
Do they have standard compensation rates already please?

As you can see from the news story on the front page, the industry have have agreed to the OfCom process, but it will take 15 momths to implement automatic compensation. Until then is it still pot luck?

We had installation of the phone line delayed by a week and a missed engineer appointment where we waited in all day, but no offer of anything.

Many thanks
Under the old owner, any broadband outages I had received a compensation payment for the loss of service, inconvenience etc. When Malone bought VM, they stopped this and started to pay a pro rata amount for the number of days lost and stated "we don't pay anything for inconvenience" and knocked off a quid or something ridiculous. Thankfully Ofcom will be changing this, so hopefully the situation that you describe will be a thing of the past too.

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Mixed feelings about this, on the one hand it may force VM and others to get some of their acts together but yeah, I agree this could just see extra price increases.
I think that it will be the former rather than the latter myself. VM will charge the maximum that the market will stand regardless of their outgoings.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote