View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 12:46   #1335
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
No Deal was always an option . . . the trouble is, nobody had the guts to use it.
So, the UK government were telling porkies and/or soft ?

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Oh please. The French government in particular are refusing to allow reasonability in operating the NI protocol. Meanwhile our people in NI are suffering and a sectarian war may be in the offing. Boris did a wretched deal and he has to take his share of the blame.

As to your insults, the Telegraph does not lead me, it follows my views. I don't read MP's blogs. I am a free thinker who voted Leave and am disappointed with the politicians' delivery of that.

Finally, when I use the term "enemy" everyone knows what is meant. Not "enemy" as in the Germans/Japs during WWI; but rather adversary and nasty at that.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

You're avoiding an answer. On Christmas eve, with no extension then possible, and that wretched deal on the table, would you have signed it or said "no-deal".
As you continue to choose to bandy about the phrase 'enemy' Could you not consider that the phrase should be directed at the people who signed the deal from the UK side ? are they not an enemy to their country for their failure to deliver?

The no extension argument holds no water, as an extension was available however instead of seeing it as was (a viable option) we ignored it and continued to play brinkmanship.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Your opinion, and welcome to it
I can't find any credible support evidence saying that no deal was an option? There's plenty suggesting it wasn't, including from cabinet ministers at the time of May's government.