View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 10:40   #1322
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Nah - I'm not falling for that. I keep on saying it was a bad deal and that Boris is a bad deal.

What I'm asking you is this: Given that Boris signed a bad deal, and there was no other deal on offer, then instead we should not have signed any deal.
Can you escape that logic?
There's no logic to escape.

BoJo may be many things but he's one step ahead of you in understanding that no-deal was out of the question. That would breach the Good Friday Agreement. No ifs, buts or maybes. Fail to understand that and understand that you'll fail.

So that left Boris with three choices and he went for No. 2:
1. Rejoin the EU
2. Sign up to a deal now and hope to sort out the practicalities later
3. Get an extension and use that time wisely to get all your ducks in a row eg veterinary equivalence, recruitment of customs officers.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote