View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 13:31   #3395
lightmyfire
Inactive

lightmyfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Ha! Agree with you about the UI, and I have raised this myself on here, although many seem to believe that is not important. Clearly, it is, because it makes the service look old fashioned and puts people off if they are used to Sky Q and BT. However, the interface will be changing as the new Horizon UI is rolled out across Europe. Not sure how long it will take to get here though.

I don't have the issues with PQ that you have mentioned. I presume you have tried out the various settings on your V6 and the TV.

I tend not to watch much of Virgin's on demand apart from the Virgin Exclusives because I record the things I want to see, so I cannot comment with great authority on series missing episodes. However, as far as catch up is concerned, did you know you could go back to programmes already shown on the EPG and view them from there? That may solve that problem for you.

Personally, I am quite pleased with the service. It would be better if the V6s could record more. I have two - one in the lounge and one in the bedroom, and I can record on each as well as watch the bedroom recordings in the lounge and vice versa. Better than the Sky mini-box idea, because you cannot record on them.

Recording in HD, the 1MB capacity on the hard drive is not good enough really and I have to use my DVD recorder to give me a further 500 hours worth of HD recordings.

I love the fact that I can bookmark my Netflix shows so that they appear with all my recordings (without taking up recording space) and I prefer Virgin's on demand system in that you can just watch the programmes as soon as you select them, without having to download them first.

In the end, lightmyfire, I guess you just have to choose the best system that suits you.
Didn't know about the 'going back' on the EPG. Cheers for that

To be honest I rarely watch more than the sport channels and Wheeler Dealers (sad I know) and I have one of those Harmony remotes which takes me straight to them.

But it's the ear ache I get from the wife who, after around 4 years, had just mastered the BT box lol
lightmyfire is offline   Reply With Quote