View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 22:33   #1118
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Building a like for like package defeats the idea of streaming. You will end up paying for channels you will never watch just as you do now with virgin and Sky.

The whole point of streaming is that you only pay for access to what you want to watch which is why I suggested earlier that most would settle for 2 or 3 streaming providers and pick up an occasional month here and there with another.
You end up with content you don’t watch on streaming services as well.

Are any of your hypothetical two or three streaming services offering the latest movie releases or premium sports?

If and when they do that’s more money. You’re also forgetting, as many do, that when Sky/Virgin strike wholesale deals it’s pennies per subscriber per channel due to economies of sale.

When these distributors are trying to recoup the same money from tens/hundreds of thousands of subscribers it’ll be much more expensive for those who do. Two or three subscriptions and I’d already pay more for that plus broadband than I do for Virgin.