Old 11-04-2023, 19:48   #14611
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Went to the O2 Leeds last night to see The Damned - not my usual fare, but a friend had a couple of spare tickets, so thought "what the hell"…

The supporting act (The Nightingales) weren’t my cup of tea (post-punk thrash shouty alt-rock), but I enjoyed the first hour of The Damned set (stuff from the 80s, 90s, & 21st century), then it got a bit too punky for me for the last half hour (their mid-late 70s punk era), but all in all, it was a mostly enjoyable experience- never too old to try something different.

Captain Sensible was a bit cheeky at the end of the gig - he got one of the roadies to bring him a change of tops, and he put on a Crystal Palace football shirt to wave goodbye to the audience…
Sounds a good night out, quite a bit of Damned stuff in my various playlists, and have been a fan of The Nightingales since first hearing them on the Cherry Red records Pillows and Prayers compilation album in the early 80's (I was lucky enough to pick up a picture disc version which did cost more than the 99p they charged for the normal vinyl).
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote