View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 03:55   #5233
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Spiderman: Far From Home: 8/10

Well, I must say I was very curious about the sort of tone the first post-Endgame film was going to strike and from the trailers I got the impression that they were going to try and start with a clean slate with a generic bad guys and move on. All I am going to say is appearances can be deceiving There are two sides to this film and both are executed with near perfection. On the one side given the special relationship Peter had with Tony Stark they are very mindful of recent events and the film acknowledges that in many natural and beautiful ways without throwing it in your face. It feels very much a continuation of the MCU like Civil War rather than a standalone film. On the other side they are very keen to maintain the tone of the first film and make this very grounded and a teen coming of age story and despite the impression you get from the trailers, this is all about Peter growing up and the relationships he has with the people around him. I don't want to say anymore with fear for spoiling it for everyone but not only did I like it, I loved the plot twists and as I have said many a time before, I love Marvel because of how much they focus on the characters and this exemplifies it.

There are two post-credit scenes, one a few mins after the initial credits and one right at the end. I cannot emphasise enough how important it is that you watch both, especially the one at the end. The first one is Spidey-centric and influences the next Spider film, the second one is key to the larger MCU going forward.

Go and see it at the cinema, I promise you'll enjoy it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote