View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 19:27   #9
batchain
cf.addict

batchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to behold
Re: “Soft” first quarter at Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
I switched my TV from VM to Sky a few years ago and one of the things Sky tend to do now is advertise the majority of their offers to both new and existing customers, the latter tying you into a new contract.

Surprised that VM haven’t followed suit as it surely alleviates a lot of the faux cancellations if existing customers can just select a new deal if they are happy with a new contract.

With the amount of cord cutting, service providers, etc, these days, I think Sky have it spot on as retention is as valuable as attracting new customers in this day and age.
Before being bought by Comcast, Sky UK/Ireland ARPU fell to £45 a month down from £47 the previous year which puts Virgin's 22p decline (£51.36 from £ 51.58) into perspective.

According to BARB estimates, Sky has lost 900,000 DSat customers in the UK over the past 7 years and, unlike Virgin, Sky/Comcast refuse to reveal actual UK DTH subscriber numbers which in itself suggests Sky do not have it quite so spot on as you think they do. Plus, let's not forget the best deals from Sky (and Virgin) remain exclusive to those who refuse any new deal and cancel.
batchain is offline   Reply With Quote