Thread: US Timeline The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2020, 21:05   #196
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The Mandalorian

They did nothing fundamentally different than any other week. The difference that’s got you peeing your pants is a decision to reference a couple of extended universe characters, plus Yoda. You’re claiming this is somehow all pure and meaningful but I’m sorry I find that reaction a bit shallow.

The Mandalorian has been an unqualified success for Disney+ with characters that have gained recognition far beyond the actual audience. It tells straightforward, easy to follow stories in a universe that is both familiar and new. It does this week in, week out, to great acclaim. And Mrs and I enjoyed it equally as much this evening, even though I got the Grand Admiral Thrawn reference and she didn’t.

And yes, I bought and read the original Thrawn trilogy as it was published. I like Star Wars a lot, but I like the Mandalorian for its ability to move through the Star Wars universe without feeling obliged to initiate fangasms week after week.

Last edited by Chris; 27-11-2020 at 21:08.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote