View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 22:09   #4793
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So all those reports that OB has posted links to saying that linear TV is on the way out are wrong? I actually agree with him, more and more people watch TV when it suits them, not when they are scheduled to be shown, the only live TV that I watch and probably thousands of others is sport, and in my case football, everything else is mostly on catch up.
The point is people in the USA a place OB has mentioned before because of its cord cutting are actually cancelling cable/satellite only to signup for services such as DirecTV Now , Sling TV , Hulu Live TV , PlayStation Vue , Google TV. Basically services that still provide live linear TV delivered over your home broadband connection rather than satellite or cable.

The number of linear channels will decrease as more and more continue to watch shows via On Demand but it certainly won't die off completely plenty still watch Sport, News , Entertainment shows like I'm a Celebrity using the linear TV channels.