Thread: New Computer
View Single Post
Old 29-11-2018, 17:50   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: New Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker17 View Post
Virgin told me that my modem is wireless enabled and can be used in harmony with other WiFi equipment. That is good enough for me and I will not enter into an argument about terminology.

Perhaps it is a modem, a router or a modem/router - I could not care less.
If Virgin told me my "modem" is a WiFi enabled device, then it is and that is all I care about, not its correct name. I will have to accept Virgin's information until I prove it wrong.
You're terribly rude when someone is trying to help.

You have a Superhub 1 which is a modem/router which has wifi when in router mode and it is connected via ethernet not USB, you said you had a modem and Virgin did supply modem only equipment donkeys years ago which did not have wifi so pips response was perfectly valid.

You also dont need a power supply as obviously it already has one.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 29-11-2018 at 18:16.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote