View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 17:14   #23
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Moving to a new phone - advice needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I've just downloaded a track from a cloud account to the SD card in my S8.

Both Amazon Music and Play Music can see the track and play it from the SD Card.
I wish my S8 would behave like that. It's so frustrating. Neither Play Music nor any other music player I've tried so far can see my SD card. I can see all the files on the card but for some reason the music players cannot. It's doubly frustrating because they played normally on the Galaxy Ace I upgraded from. I'm guessing it's either a bug or there's some hidden setting that is preventing this. I've contacted the Samsung UK help desk but they are taking an age to get back to me.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

OK, the mystery deepens. I have just taken a photo and saved it to the SD card. And there it is, visible in the gallery. Obviously everything is working as it should but, for some unknown reason, not my music tracks.

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Exactly what is the make and model of SD card you're using and what happens when you first put the card in the phone does it ask you to do anything?

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/m...xy-s8-s8-plus/
It is a Sandisk 64 Gb card. The one that came from my previous Galaxy Ace was a Sandisk 32 Gb card. There is a message on the pull-down from my start-up screen that says 'SD Card. Tap here to transfer media files'. When tapped this takes me to the files on the SD card where I can find my music files. The problem is that none of the music players can see them.

In my earlier reply to BenMcr I noted that photos saved to the SD card are all present and correct. It's all a mystery to me.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote